Due to efforts to reduce clutter and irrelevant listings, it has been deemed necessary to provide guidance on the expected quality of items listed for sale on Lace Market. The following guidelines are firm standards on the quality and relevance of the items to be sold.
More policies and guidance may be forthcoming as the site grows, please review this page regularly. Thank you!
Replicas: Prints and Logos BANNED, Design OK
As of 01/06/14, print replicas are not permitted for sale on Lace Market. Any auctions created prior to this effective period will be allowed to run to completion, but the listing of print replicas will not be permitted after this date. Lace Market defines a print replica as any garment that contains a visual image, logo or print that is copyrighted by a brand and manufactured without permission. This includes writing with the name of the brand.
Solid color design replica garments are permitted, given that they do not contain any copyrighted graphics or prints. Replica garments manufactured with the intent of being identical to an existing brand design (e.g. Secret Shop Tea Party Shoes) must be clearly stated to be such in the listing title and description, and branded as a ‘Design Replica’.
Listings that do not conform to this standard will be immediately removed without warning. Sellers that are found to engage in purposefully deceptive or misleading behavior with regards to the sales of design replicas will be banned without warning.
Photos and Image Requirements: 1 Proof Photo Min. Photo must be original photo of item IN HAND
1.) All listings must contain at least one picture. At least one photo must be a non-stock photo image, ideally a proof photo with username included. Photos should be of decent quality, less than 2MB, and accurately describe the state and condition of the garment.
– All listings must be of items that are actually owned by the author of the listing. Items in transit, on reservation, with a shopping agent, etc– are NOT allowed for sale, as they are not actually owned and proof photos are invalid.
– Proof photos generally should be in-focus with decent listing that clearly shows the item you are listing. Please crop or circle as necessary for photos with multiple items.
– Your proof photo should be out of the bag and shows the entirety of the item. For a garment, it should show from the collar/straps all the way down to the hem of the skirt, then from shoulder to shoulder. The color must be accurate to your description (if your item says white but your photo is pink, please retake your proof photo). You must show all components of the garment/item (e.g. collar, waist ties, choker, detachable bow) or state that those items are missing.
– Listings with poor photos or lacking proof photos can be reported, removed and asked to revise.
Lolita Accepted Brand Items ALLOWED
Quality Lolita Offbrand/Handmade/Indie ALLOWED, NO MORE THAN 3 ACTIVE LISTINGS PER ACCOUNT
2.) All clothing items for sale must be directly relevant to Lolita (EGL) Fashion, or belong to a brand that has a well-established reputation of consistently producing Lolita clothing.
For example, H. Naoto “punk” pants would be a saleable item for the express reason that H. Naoto has a reputation of also releasing Lolita items. However, punk clothing from other brands that do not produce lolita clothing would not be saleable on this site.
Items that are not from an accepted brand (available on the brands list when listing an item) are considered Offbrand, Handmade or Indie. These items are permitted for listing if they are of (1) acceptable quality, (2) relevant, and (3) if no more than 3 items may be actively listed per account.
If you have any questions regarding the permissibility of an item, please contact a moderator in advance. The moderators will keep the first three items posted in the combined categories and delete the others without warning.
Item Condition: Definitions
3.) Items for sale do not necessarily have to be in “Very Good”, or even “Good” condition, as long as the item’s true condition and extent of damage are explicitly and honestly stated and pictured in the listing. Listing information and images must accurately relevant the condition of the item for sale, or the seller may be subject to poor feedback or even bans from Lace Market.
New With Tag: Self-explanatory, Item must be in new condition with tag and/or packaging included. Item must be unworn, original sales condition.
New Without Tag: Many sellers like to mark items as new without tag if the item is in good condition, but the item MUST BE unworn and unwashed to be considered New Without Tag. The item may have been tried on, but never worn for longer durations.
Like New: Item is worn 1-2 times, or well taken care of. Item is generally only washed once or twice gently or via dry-cleaning. No flaws or defects.
Very Good: Item has been worn rarely, and condition of item shows very few signs of wear or aging. Item must be undamaged.
Good: Item has been worn, and condition of item shows some signs of wear or aging, minimal piling and such. Item must be undamaged.
Minor Damage: Examples of minor damage include: minor stains, small flaws or misprints, small rips or tears, modifications that are well made and do not detract from the appearance of the garment significantly.
Major Damage: Examples of major damage include: large stains or bleaching, foul odors, large scratches or marks, large flaws or rips, major modifications that detract from the garment appearance.
4.) Home goods and stationery items are allowed for sale, as long as they are directly relevant to the Lolita lifestyle and conform to a Lolita aesthetic. This certainly includes items from Lolita brands such as Angelic Pretty and such, but also extend to non-clothing brands such as San-X and Sanrio. Note that items must be directly related to the Lolita style, it is not sufficient for an item to merely fit within the “Kawaii” aesthetic.
Must be included with listing price, not extra
5.) Sellers may not state in their policies or listings that Paypal or any other payment service fees are extra fees that are “covered by the buyer” or tacked onto the final price of an item. These fees must be paid by the seller, and included as a part of their listing price. Please adjust accordingly. Any listings created after August 1, 2014 is subject to this rule.
6) Lace Market currently only supports making listings in USD, United States Dollars. More support for currency conversion will come up in the future. The use of USD in the listing and shipping fields are strictly enforced. We understand that it is difficult to have to switch to another currency if you are not currently using United States dollars. Until the system for other currency is released, please keep the prices listed in USD to prevent any confusion for your buyers/potential buyers. You may decide to communicate with your buyer should you wish to invoice in another currency.